Monday, August 21, 2006

[academicsecret] 8/21/2006 08:33:04 PM

Wild Blue! I was *sooo* happy to see this entry from you! (Not that I don't also appreciate Twilight's contributions.) Now... if only I could repay you with a dancing-in-the-moonlight story. Unfortunately, (maybe this confession will suffice), my shtick is to regular-ize the things in my life that other people would keep secret. I slip them into everyday conversation and try to make people accept them as normal. I do hide things, but I hide the things I'm supposed to be shouting from the rooftops. I have a cool new finding, a book proposal, whatever. Both these behaviors are unconscious for me, but I'm pretty sure that I do this backward as a way of challenging the way people evaluate each other. I'm essentially feeding an unexpected set of information into the friend-filter to ensure that I don't end up with crappy superficial friends. Not very exciting, I know, but the point is that I have reasonably exciting things in my life story. I just can't tell you here because, my identity would be instantly revealed since I don't keep those things secret like I'm supposed to. Sorry!

p.s. I haven't heard from Pumpkin, so we have no secret plot to hatch for you either. Sorry. I guess I forgot that I've been stripped of my not-a-crazy-internet-junkie credentials.

--
Posted by kodachrome to academicsecret at 8/21/2006 08:33:04 PM