Sunday, August 20, 2006

[academicsecret] 8/21/2006 12:51:06 AM

Thanks for stopping by, Jim.

I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't started yet. I'm posting about it to out myself and add extra pressure. I definitely do sit at my computer and write for at least an hour each day, just not write for publication. And that's the idea here, I think.

I never did get that 15 min/day book. I mean, I didn't buy it or look at it. For some reason I was averse to it. I figured that if I was meant to be in academia, I should be able to finish the darn dissertation on my own. I'm not sure why I felt that way, I can't say I necessarily agree with that idea now, but that was my approach and I stuck to it. Luckily I also finished the writing so in the end it worked out fine.

But that was back when I was a grad student with far fewer obligations. I know, I know, it's hard to believe, but it's true: it gets worse.

--
Posted by Turquoise Stuff to academicsecret at 8/21/2006 12:51:06 AM