Wednesday, August 23, 2006

[academicsecret] 8/24/2006 04:48:28 AM

nbb: I think that home, like drive-thru, is comforting in doses. I could not live with that life day in and day out, but every once in a while it is really liberating to shed a persona to take on something with less (or different) expectations.

With regard to my personal life, I don't think that I could date a non-academic, or even someone who wasn't in a social science. It would be too hard to daily, or hourly, or minute-by-minute, switch my academic identity on and off. I've also found that people who haven't been to grad school, or in academia, oten just can't comprehend the time or passion we give our work, and that's difficult too. Good luck to you.

--
Posted by fraud, in denim to academicsecret at 8/24/2006 04:48:28 AM