Monday, August 21, 2006

[academicsecret] 8/21/2006 08:23:12 PM

I figure everyone is mostly just preoccupied with themselves.

Most likely true. But part of being preoccupied with yourself is assuming everyone is preoccupied with you, too, isn't it? Maybe not. Anyway, my fear is not so great as to make me pay for a gym membership, so it's ok. I just deal. I would prefer my students didn't see me at the gym because I just kinda would prefer they didn't see me in shorts and a tank, with my hair all messy and sweaty, etc -- or worse, while I'm changing in the locker room. I'm not athletic and I would just rather my students see me at my best rather than my worst.

You mean you have some dirt on her?

Oops, yeah, that's what I meant. And you're not missing anything; I was just joking around. As friends we've now both seen each other in our "other" lives and know each other well, that's all.

--
Posted by Poppy Red to academicsecret at 8/21/2006 08:23:12 PM