Wednesday, August 16, 2006

[academicsecret] 8/16/2006 07:37:43 PM

I LOVE this! Having done a fair amount of lawn frolicking (if not body surfing) myself, it brings back very fond memories.

Actually, a quite happily remembered moment from undergrad is from a spring seminar during which we sat outside on a lawn discussing Aquinas, while on a further reach of lawn, just behind my professor, a group of semi-clothed-to-naked students were doing a May pole sort of dance in celebration of Spring... The juxtaposition was quite delightful. I was then - and probably am still now - too shy to shrug off my clothes, streak through seminar, and join their dance, which is regrettable...at least insofar as THAT story would've made for a better academic secret....

--
Posted by twilight blue to academicsecret at 8/16/2006 07:37:43 PM