Wednesday, August 23, 2006

[academicsecret] 8/23/2006 01:51:24 PM

I have indulged in variations of this trick when I am feeling bored by an egregiously bad talk. Either I try to imagine the most outrageous thing that the person giving the talk could say (e.g., in the conclusions to the paper) or I imagine a member of the audience asking a horribly inappropriate question (and what would ensue).
It kinda makes me wish that I was the student of Garfinkle or Milgram, back in the glory days of sociology when people got to behave badly in public spaces and then publish their observations of what happened next (and what that tells us about interaction rituals and the like).
In any case, Scarlet, the attempt at telepathy is a nice twist. Thanks!! I'll be sure to let you know if I get any promising results!

--
Posted by twilight blue to academicsecret at 8/23/2006 01:51:24 PM