Friday, August 18, 2006

[academicsecret] 8/18/2006 10:43:28 PM

Wow, Pumpkin. I can relate - not at this moment, but boy have I had some similar moments in my life (as has my partner).

I think that Twilight Blue is right on and these feelings are often a sign of something other than dissatisfaction in the relationship. Once we have them, though, they are so hard to get rid of because they become these self-fulfilling prophecies as we distance ourselves or become irritable, plus every little annoying habit seems overwhelming... It's a hard cycle to break out of.

I think that key in your post is the fact that your SS is someone "who (you) used to know, in another life." I could be completely off, but that makes it seem, to me, that you're longing to recapture something from that point in your life that you feel lacking now. I don't know if you'll be able to find a substitute for it or not.

Good luck, though. As someone who's been blindsided by some of this before, I can't help but suggest that you might consider discussing some of what's going on with your partner. On the other hand, you could just switch from wine to pina coladas.

--
Posted by fraud, in denim to academicsecret at 8/18/2006 10:43:28 PM