Friday, August 18, 2006

[academicsecret] 8/18/2006 05:47:34 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

A few more specifics to clarify. The funding is for a project I really really want to do. It's perfect in that sense. The thing is, however, that it is waaay too big for any one person to pull off on their own. So there is money in the grant to hire additional folks. This is absolutely necessary for the project to happen. However, without various logistics around me working out, I can't hire people and get others on board. And that's what is freaking me out about not being able to do the project. Ugh.

I do see that compromises may have to be made here and there. But the project needs to get done (partly, b/c I am soo curious to see what happens, partly b/c I owe it to the funder now), but I feel like instead of helping me, hurdles are being thrown at me every step of the way. It's very frustrating.

Thanks much for putting all that thought into this, I appreciate it!

--
Posted by Orange Ina to academicsecret at 8/18/2006 05:47:34 PM