Friday, September 01, 2006

[academicsecret] 9/01/2006 05:36:27 PM

My very social department is quite the opposite. On the days that I am in my office, various folks drop by to say "hi" throughout the day. I really like most of my colleagues and am happy to spend time talking with them. Indeed, I have an electronic teapot in my office, which not only provides me with requisite caffeine but also facilitates the occasional office tea party.

That said, I do hide out at home several days a week, as it is the only place where I get enough uninterrupted time to do article-length thinking. Of course, that I am able to be productive at home says nothing about the number of days during which said productivity occurs while I am wearing my pajamas well into the afternoon...

--
Posted by twilight blue to academicsecret at 9/01/2006 05:36:27 PM