Thursday, September 07, 2006

[academicsecret] 9/07/2006 10:17:56 PM

Just so we're clear, we dislike parents thinking about all the "real" jobs we might have because we already spend enough time thinking about that ourselves, right? I mean, I can't tell you how annoying I find it that I'm not a "real" (full) professor, especially when I take note of some of the people who are real professors. And I've sat in on more conversations with academics about the private sector job market than I care to remember. In fact...

Wisteria, I'm trying to think how we can accomplish this anonymously. I figure it'll involve PayPal, and that'll probably get caught in our spam filters. But maybe for a long term plan we should say that if a.secret survives one year, then we'll choose a location for a meet-up five years hence by having Clear* run our colors through an anagram generator until he can get something resembling a destination. After five years we can't possibly have any secrets left anyway, right? (wink). Oh. Nevermind.

*Sorry. Did I just volunteer our houseboy for further duties? I will gladly do any necessary anagramming and play houseboy to the best of my ability for anything that's my idea.

--
Posted by kodachrome to academicsecret at 9/07/2006 10:17:56 PM