Monday, September 11, 2006

[academicsecret] 9/11/2006 09:08:12 PM

Nicely observed, TS...Unfortunately, the location question is utterly complex for me and my recent attempt to resolve it has been to treat it as fixed. For (endogenous) reasons I won't go into here I can't work at home. I've never been able to work at a place like Starbucks (what do people do with their laptops when they need to go to the bathroom?) or a library (can't eat or drink). So I've decided to work exclusively at the office. So far it hasn't worked out too well. Probably because this just isn't an office job, but maybe (hopefully) because I still need to get used to the fact that I can't switch to another location as I used to do (and still not beef up my productivity, but waste a lot of time).

--
Posted by wisteria to academicsecret at 9/11/2006 09:08:12 PM