Wednesday, September 13, 2006

[academicsecret] 9/14/2006 01:00:52 AM

Yeah, this is tough. I've done my share of crying in the past. For the most part I hate it when I break down that way. But I have always had a hard time controlling it.

Interestingly, however, I have not been affected by students in the way you describe. Granted, I haven't had too many crying in my office. In fact, th eonly such occasions (or maybe just one) I can think of would be one where it was clearly an act (no, you really can tell in some situations). Maybe I'm just a heartless prof. But it's never gotten to me.

Of course, if a student were to come to me with some real life crisis (like the ones you mention Sienna), that would be pretty freaky!

--
Posted by Turquoise Stuff to academicsecret at 9/14/2006 01:00:52 AM