Saturday, October 28, 2006

[academicsecret] 10/28/2006 11:13:14 PM

Thanks everyone. These are good points. I think devoting some time to this in the beginning of a course when you're discussing other specifics/norms/expectations is an excellent idea. I'll have to do this in the future.

There is a situation, however, that can't be addressed this way. I get contacted by undergrads who are not in my classes. (For example, students inquiring about future courses.) Do I just not bother with people when it's a one-time-only correspondance? I just feel like it's our job to educate students and prepare them for the rest of life and if they think they'll be able to land a job this way or address future colleagues and superiors this way, that's a problem.

--
Posted by Turquoise Stuff to academicsecret at 10/28/2006 11:13:14 PM