Monday, October 09, 2006

[academicsecret] 10/10/2006 12:36:49 AM

I agree whole-heartedly, Apricot and Thistle. I live with someone who believes that science is a vocation (in the sense of a calling). While I feel drawn to what I do and love it dearly, it is not my life and I can't let it be my life. I learned long ago to be okay with the fact that I am less productive academically than the person I love, and many around me. It's okay with me because I am not only an academic. I am a mother, and an individual, and I am going to enjoy my life and ensure that my child does too, and if that means that I have a shorter vita, so be it. I chose this path for the flexibility it offered and I'm not going to give that up for anyone.

--
Posted by fraud, in denim to academicsecret at 10/10/2006 12:36:49 AM