Sunday, October 08, 2006

[academicsecret] 10/08/2006 10:34:21 AM

Wow, this sounds a lot like my story, although I'm much further down the track to dropping out than you are. I've just started the third year of what should be a four-year phd, but I feel like I haven't actually made any progress for a long time anyway.

I've been diagnosed with clinical depression, but I think that's caused in part by my refusal to admit that research (or at least, this phd) isn't for me. So the plan at this point is to leave the phd program, with my fiance, but leave the door open to taking it up again if the depression lifts and I decide that I want to make it work. So we'll see how I feel after a few months off and hopefully some therapy.

--
Posted by cerulean to academicsecret at 10/08/2006 10:34:21 AM