Sunday, October 08, 2006

[academicsecret] 10/08/2006 12:37:27 PM

Dear Dandelion
me here. I have been reading this blog for months now but this story grabbed my attention.

I think this is when SHADES OF GREY thinking needs to happen. One can achieve great things BREAK DOWN its ok achievements 'kept'Or as in my case enjoy GREAT ACHIEVEMENTS (my Research into a new area unwittingly would give qaulitative data to the Sociology of Religion PLANNED) without breaking down. As it is I have broken down (nice thing NO 1 now a good suggestion that needs SUPPORTED following up) and recent challenging assignment/s which have exposed brokenness and weakness to point of not coping (2 Academics in my life I dare to pray for them I dare to care and dare to get involved and find myself in Research land [I am in Supported Housing. am unemployed, chances of being where you are 1 in 20 or worse plus persistanct disadvantage, agesim, sexism, the life-affecting disadvantages just pile on] in Uk outside looking into Academia and Academic Secret is one of two sites i read regularly as to the woes and potential insane blessing of Academia) I also have family who are Academics on both sides so you could say the A*******profession is just slightly close to my heart.
Why not go to Chaplaincy for Prayer?? At my local Uni we have Confidential prayer support for Academics and Students ( the woes go both ways you know) and the Christians aim to work together for the cause of the Kingdom.
With every blessing and much love and hope that despite of this horrible depression things begin to work out for you
me aka The Boss.
nb try every other religion or not but God answers prayer and I have seen it too often to doubt it. And I am as academic as hell and am reading 31 book out of first 80 this year and now have a couple or Theories !!!!!

--
Posted by The Boss to academicsecret at 10/08/2006 12:37:27 PM