Wednesday, June 13, 2007

[academicsecret] New comment on Hypocrisy!.

Salmon Ella has left a new comment on your post "Hypocrisy!":

...it sounds like you managed the career part just fine. ;-)

Well, not really--I did get lucky with some research I was doing this semester, though (unfortunately, not my resesarch with my advisor--go figure). But thanks. ;-)

Thanks also for the book reference. I certainly didn't mean to imply that one must be religious in order to be moral and ethical; in fact, that is about the opposite of what I believe. I just think that the concept of 'God' to a young child may have some value because the idea of a higher power explains concepts they might not otherwise be able to wrap their minds around (like the idea of there being a 'greater good'). Plus rules mandated by 'God' seems to carry more weight than rules mandated by Mom and Dad.

All that said, I think the chances of us raising our child religiously are realistically slim to none.



Posted by Salmon Ella to academicsecret at 6/13/2007 10:59 PM