Wednesday, November 08, 2006

[academicsecret] 11/08/2006 01:10:08 PM

Hi, NBB!

Can I tell you that I had a dream about you a few weeks back? I somehow found out that you knew where I lived and were on the hunt to find out who I was. It was much scarier than it should have been. If you know who I am, let's just keep that secret between us.

Now about your post. Wow! The information is amazing! That was something that I wished for when I was on the market - particularly some clue about who was hired where, or what searches were a lost cause, etc. I think that I actually like the names better. The sociologists sound so desperate and lost, but at least the IR folks have CVs they can look at to know "who" gets brought in to the top schools or who the hot shots are.

That said, I remember being on an interview last year and finding out who the three other candidates were while I was there (I'd had literally no idea) and I sent myself into a frenzy comparing myself to each of them.

I don't know. Maybe it's the pretty little table, but there's some semblence of order - and progress - on the IR page that I just don't see on the sociology blog or wiki.

--
Posted by fraud, in denim to academicsecret at 11/08/2006 01:10:08 PM