Thursday, May 10, 2007

[academicsecret] New comment on bad-minton.

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "bad-minton":

Um, I might be going crazy, but it seems totally obvious that the original anonymous poster (also author of fourth post) is a student. His or her logical reasoning, grammar (esp. the comma splices), and text-messaging punctuation scream STUDENT to me. If my hunch is wrong, then it depresses me that someone like that is working in an academic setting. "Going to class is not important." ???

Fraud, you are totally justified for feeling frustrated with this student. He betrayed your trust, broke an academic code of conduct, and now feels entitled to a good grade. Unfortunately, I don't think your story is the exception. Given what I hear from colleagues and my own experiences, it seems more like an epidemic...



Posted by Anonymous to academicsecret at 5/10/2007 1:44 PM