Thursday, May 03, 2007

[academicsecret] New comment on bad-minton.

Poppy Red has left a new comment on your post "bad-minton":

Anonymous, are you for real, or a troll? Getting annoyed by someone who 1) lies and 2) whines about his grade only when it's not convenient for him is not petty.

It's gotten so it's hard for me to believe students at all with their excuses. Somehow simultaneously, though, I've become more lenient than I ever could have imagined I'd be, especially considering how totally uptight *I* was about never missing classes, and how I even got mad at my own roommates for not going to class. Giving people extra absences is unfair to the students who go to class diligently , but sometimes it's also so much easier than fighting about it, ugh. I'm also annoyed with the idea that turning in assignments is all that's required. If that's the case, why aren't we all just doing correspondence courses? Students absolutely do learn more when they're in class than when they just do the assignments but don't go to class.



Posted by Poppy Red to academicsecret at 5/04/2007 3:58 AM