Sunday, October 21, 2007

[academicsecret] New comment on How much profanity is acceptable?.

TheHellYouSay! has left a new comment on your post "How much profanity is acceptable?":

Well, about all I can say about how much profanity is acceptable is "However much will float your boat!" So-termed 'rating professors' is pandering. I've lost two adjunct jobs because hallway gossip campaigns and RMP posts were BELIEVED by other students. When enrollment drops, you know who's shown the door.

This "rating" crap has zero to do with anyone's competence nor "classroom efficacy" whatsoever. I didn't make it thru Ivy League on looks; I KNOW my stuff, and expect respect. Period.

This "empowering the client"...er, student... is horseshit.



Posted by TheHellYouSay! to academicsecret at 10/21/2007 4:10 PM