Monday, July 30, 2007

[academicsecret] New comment on twenty-four/seven academics.

Poppy Red has left a new comment on your post "twenty-four/seven academics":

I'm probably going to rock the boat a little here... eek! Ok, I'm a grad student and I work a LOT; I've never thought about how many hours a week, but I don't have much in the way of hobbies or pleasure reading. And I really, really hate it when people don't follow through on what they're supposed to do. However, I guess I don't see why we should be wishing that people would work 80 hours a week. If it's just about pointing out the hypocrisy of people saying they work that much and not actually doing it, then fine, I'm on board. But why should we disparage people for enjoying their lives with scrapbooking or whatnot, if they can find the time? I think people should work hard, definitely, but do we have to want everyone to be in the office 80 hours a week? What's the point, if you'd rather go swimming with your family?



Posted by Poppy Red to academicsecret at 7/30/2007 5:33 PM